DVD Burning

XozXX

Beta member
Hello, I need help with DVD Burning. I'm not so good with computers; so please bare with me. I need to burn DVD+R DL discs, but I need to know if I can upgrade to a better DVD Burner. I currently have a CD-RW Drive, but I don't think that can burn DVD+R DL discs. I was wondering if I could upgrade my DVD Burner to this - HP - 24x Internal Double-Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive. My system has these kind of statistics -

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz 504 MB of Ram

Thanks! If my CD-RW Drive can burn them, please tell me. I'd rather not waste $50. Again, if this sounds stupid, I'm not that good with computers. Thanks! - XozXX -

A CD drive cannot play nor burn DVD discs. The HP burner will work just fine with that system and be a direct replacement for your current drive.

On the dvd burning note I just got my first dvd burner and the burned dvds dont play in dvd player, They play through the computer though, any suggestions?

You need specialized dvd ripping/video converting and burning software in order to make dvds readable by a standalone dvd player. You can't burn just any video file and make it work.

Back
Top Bottom