Dual Monitors Question!

itzdylan24

In Runtime
hey, i want to multi task more on my computer so i want to monitors
wats the cheapest video card that is capaple of doing this, i prefer 128 mb but if it has to be 256 mb then so be it

Many cards, even earlier ones are capable of this.

What do you need the video card for? Just software? No games?

well, i just need the video cards, like i wanna play cs while looking at my email when im dead

and i was reading about this on a website, it said i cant use 2 crt's i can only use 2 lcd or 1 crt and 1 lcd is this true?

Nope... I was using 2 CRT's at one point.

It may be talking about video cards with 2 DVI connectors, or one VGA (standard connection for CRT) and one DVI (Better connection for LCD), but you can get convertors that switch DVI to VGA to allow 2 CRT's for example.
Video cards usually come with one pre-packaged.

This is what I mean:
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/vga-to-dvi.jpg

Where would you like to buy from?

and i was reading about this on a website, it said i cant use 2 crt's i can only use 2 lcd or 1 crt and 1 lcd is this true?

that's complete BS. 2 crt's work just fine.
As for the vid card you can pretty much get any card and it will be capable to use 2 monitors. How much do you want to spend?

Heck, if you already have one video card in, I've seen people buy a second card (usually PCI) that has only one port and use both cards.

well, i just need the video cards, like i wanna play cs while looking at my email when im dead

Please do note on most games, when you click off the game screen (Focused screen), it will minimize the game. This will make you minimize CS before checking your email.

I've also been on a dual monitor rig for the last 3 years and could never switch back :cool:

Please do note on most games, when you click off the game screen (Focused screen), it will minimize the game. This will make you minimize CS before checking your email.

you can always run the game in a window, not the perfect solution but keeps the game from minimizing.

well i dont have a job, so i'd prefer something cheaper, in my price range.
can anyone that does or use to give me the name of there vid card? i want to buy locally but, i guess online works...any suggesteed sites?

Back
Top Bottom