Dual Monitor with Nvidia MX400 and FX5200?

Apari

Beta member
I have a PC with a MSI PT800-Neo-V. I want to run dual monitors and the cheapest way would be to use my other video card. I just want to make sure I can and have sufficient power to run it. I have a 460w PSU, P4 2.6 Ghz. and 1 GB DDR400.

Yeah, should be fine. If possible, arrange them so that the FX5200 is the primary card, and the MX400 is the secondary card. When it comes to gaming, if any, you'll use the more powerful of the two cards.

If you're ever in the market for a new card to upgrade both of those, let us know. There are much faster single solution cards out there in AGP trim that can do everything you're asking from one card.

Fantastic. You got any models I can look for? The board comes with an AGP 8x slot.

This is one of the best AGP cards still made today: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161337

If you're an nVidia fan, they don't support AGP anymore and the best you can do is the ancient GeForce 6200, so ATI is your best bet (the above link). I've used the 4650 and it's a pretty nice chipset.

Your power supply SHOULD be ok, as long as it's a name brand unit, but the 4650 isn't a huge power hog anyway.

Back
Top Bottom