Dual monitor

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi, I have 2 monitors om my HD 8540 or 4580 or whatever that ATI raedon is, on another pc. I'm able to clone the image of one onto another and use extended desktop, however I wish to go further by allowing one monitor to say have CS:S on it, while the other is playing a video. I wish to be able to click a button on the keyboard and press on the other monitor without the CS:S going to desktop.

there must be some software that allows me to do this

I can do what you are talking about, and I use Ultramon.

Gotta say though, I liked it for a second, but after a while if you're any good you will stop the video and focus on your game.

Cant you do this without additional software via the ATI Driver software?

When I had a dual monitor set up I just set the desktop, Control Panel>Appearance and Themes>nVidia Control Panel, to spread across the monitors allowing me to run Opera on one monitor and Nuendo 3 on the other.

All I did then was open up an app., drag it to the other monitor and double click on the top of the window to expand it to full screen.

Check the Appearance and Themes options and see if you can set up the ATI card to spread Windows across the two monitors.

The problem is that I say want to have outlook or msn up on one window and a computer game on the other. If click on msn or outlook I lose focus of the game (it will minimize to desktop). I basically want to press a hotkey on my keybaord to allow me to switch between control of the screens without the game going to desktop. Does ATI software allow you to do that?

I get what your saying now.

I dont think its anything to do with the dual screen mode though.

Run the game in 'Windowed' mode instead of 'full screen' mode. When running in 'Windowed' mode double click on the top of the window to fill the screen. Any game i've played in full screen does minimize to the task bar or to a window when you select a background app.

See how you get on.

Back
Top Bottom