Dual GPU 7800GT/not SLi !!!!!!!!!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I'm not talking about having two separate 7800GT either. It's one board containing "2" GPU's. The Inquirer reports that Asus has developed a dual 7800GT based card that has 256Mb of memory for each GPU. Damn. Sample picts:

http://www.hardspell.com/news/showcont.asp?news_id=17454
Websites in Chinese so just look at the picts.

The interesting question is... will it work in SLI mode too? Think of the power!!!! And will there be a motherboard / powersupply combination that can handle it? If it can work SLI, the performance should be really nice at high resolution even with serious anti-aliasing and ansitropic filtering. It would be one expensive rig.

Yeah, I think ASUS already made them. Or is planning to. It's a limited release. Eh, it's ok. Think of the damn price...:eek:

I don't think it'll work in SLI mode, because the two 7800 GT's are already connected by SLI through the PCB. This is just like the Gigabyte 3D1, where they had two 6600 GT cores on one PCB connected by SLI.

I dont understand then... if its not SLI, then you can't split a video image?

It'd maybe be used for extra monitor support instead?

That's the thing we don't know yet. It does have dual monitor support from the picts and the twin GPU help to create more processing power compared to the current technology we have now where you have two video cards in SLi mode now.

Back
Top Bottom