dropped packets network issue help

izatt82

Beta member
okay so here we go. pc is connected directly to the modem. when i ping the default gateway or Yahoo! i drop packets some times 50% sometimes 25% and sometimes it times out. the modem is good and here come the crazy part i checked the network with my laptop with the same cable its perfect no drops at all speed is great. i also took the pc having issues to a different network i know is good runs great no dropped packets, but when taken back the the trouble network the issues are still there. I am really not for sure what else this could be, any ideas? how could a comp drop packets only at one spot when another is fine with the same setup? the isp has been out three times with nothing found and i really am not for sure what else to test any ideas would be awesome i am up for even the weirdest idea at this point. smash with big hammer? shoot gremlins?

thanks
new to the forum

Welcome to CF!

Have you tried another Lan card, NIC? From what you described it doesn't sound like it will help but compatibility between your current setup and the modem? That's an awefull strange issue to begin with...

Have you tried sacrificing a lamb to the internet gods? I seriously have no clue what it's problem could be o_O

When in doubt, format right? :p

yeah its a weird mess is what it is. i just can't see how a nic card can not work only on one network just mind blowing. how would i try a different nic its built into the MB?

Maybe switch the broadcast from G to B or N to G or something like that? That's about all I can think of. Maybe switch the channel?

None of that would help, this is in an all wire network.
Anybody else I am going to dive back into the problem tonight?

have you tried a different network port in the modem or router you have? it could be a damaged port

Back
Top Bottom