Downgraded From Vista 32bit to Windows XP Professional Wireless card not recognized

vansguy247

Beta member
Hello Guys i have looked on countless forums and i just cannot find the solution to my problem. A couple of days ago i downgraded from vista because it takes up my RAM, and Cod 4 Lags too much. I heard Windows XP is better so i downgraded using a bootable cd.

Computer HP Pavilion DV6000 entertainment PC
Specs: Running Windows XP Pro Essential 2 Service Pack 2
AMD turion 64 x2 mobile
Technology TL-60
2.00 GHz, 2.93 GB of RAM

My problem is my wireless card. When i had Windows Vista, everything worked correctly. I could go down to the computer in the right hand corner, right click, click connect, and it would find my router. I would connect and it would work just fine. But when i downgraded, it screwed up everything. My wireless button is obviously switched in the on position, but it is orange (the color for disabled). I have downloaded all of the drivers from HP, Linksys, and even plugged a wire into the laptop from the back of the router. EVEN THAT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL. I have gone do Device Manager, there is absoulutely nothing there that has anything to do with a Network Adapter of any kind.

IF anyone else is having this problem, please say so, and if you have a solution please post it.

You have to go into the network connections in control panel and configure your connections. It sounds like your network adapter is not installed either. When you did your clean install of xp, you have to start over and install everything all over again.

I have an HP dv6568se and successfully downgraded to XP for a while, using drivers from HP and Intel I believe. Which wireless card do you have? I've heard of some wireless cards being very sketchy or recalled on dv6000 series laptops.

I downloaded all the network/wireless related drivers for Windows XP for my laptop. None of them worked or helped in any way. It does not tell me what my wireless card is, Device Manager is a no-go. Familyman i am re-installing Windows XP Pro, and i will try your solution

Dude, if the device manager isn't recognizing the card at all it's something wrong internally, which doesn't make sence on a laptop. Yes, reinstall windows and pay it pops up. It should pop up no matter what, even with a question mark or an explanation mark. If it's STILL not there, go to the device manager and go to View>View Hidden Devices. If it's still not there, try reinstalling vista.

What's the model number of your laptop?

Thanks

-Q

Back
Top Bottom