do I need a fan for the 8800gtx or is the built in fan good enough?

As long as your not overclocking (which isn't really a good idea in the first place with that card) it should be fine. The fan depends on the manufacturer (ex. eVGA, BFG, XFX, etc.) though.

The built in fans are good enough for standard useage yes, and as long as your case is well ventilated, you shouldn't have a problem.
The only concern with alot of fans placed in graphics cards tends to be the noise level produced, with some manufacturers replacing the original fans, with their own, sometimes cooling adequetly better, while making it louder, or in some rare cases, helping in both.

If you feel it is too hot, you can get an exhaust PCI slot fan to put next to it (who the f**k uses PCI slots anyways). I did that with mine and it sucks out a s**tload of hot air while lowering my GPU temp a s**tload as well.

Try to calm down with your swearing mate first of all...

Its true they do work very well, yet, they also tend to be very loud for what they are, because the fans tend to be very small models that whizz like nothing else.

But doesn't the 8800GTX exhaust air out of the case with the stock cooler anyway?

The stock cooler should cool fine, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was noisy as hell.

Back
Top Bottom