Do i Have Enough Wattage

crayzboost

In Runtime
ok first i heard that your video card should be hooked to its own separate power line from the PSU, that seems tough.

i have a raidmax 420W PSU that came with my case, there are two separate power cables that come from it, each having 3 adapters to power things up.

so on the first line i have cd rom, dvd rom, floppy, HD1 andHD2.

and on the second line i have 6800gt, three 80mm case fans and two 12 inch cold cathode lights.

but, the total items i have running off the PSU are 4 case fans, 6800gt, cdrom, dvd rom, 2 hard drives, floppy, keyboard , mouse, zalman adjustable cpu cooler, and two 12" cold cathode lights.

does this seem like too much?

i just hooked the two 12" cold cathode lights today and a little while after the computer restarted itself and gave me an error that said.

the computer restarted itself after and unexpected shutdoun, microsoft windows detected a possible device failure, the driver for the display device was unable to complete a drawing operation, please check with the device manufacturer for a driver update,

then it said that the display driver for the nvidia 6800gt seems to be responsible for the failure..

the computer has restarted twice so far and gave me that message. i have turned the two lights off for now to see if that helps.

Jack22.. not true. They make good PSUs. But even 420 watts is not enough. I have a 580 watt PSU Powmax Demon for my machine...

Well you can get the extra and it doesn't cost much. Isn't it good to get more just to be safe, rather then sorry?

definatly wont need 580 thats just overkill. I would say 400 bare minimum 500 max.

Gian, your psu is low cost since it isnt high quality. Like if you look at thermaltake, those get expensive

It isn't high quality? Oh really? Do you know what you are talking about? Powmax is a reputable company and the power supply has great reviews. It most definitely is high quality, mr smart ass. Great construction.. has a 120MM and 80MM fan... two leds, lighted cables.. it is maxed out. I don't think you should really say anything at all about this unless you actually have the power supply I got.

Back
Top Bottom