Disconnecting PSU from Floppy - STUCK!

almostjesus

Solid State Member
Hey guys, first time here on the forums. Hello!

I'm trying to replace my PSU and I've disconnected every cable except the one plugged into the floppy drive. It's a small white 4-pin I believe and it just won't come out..I've even applied a little strength which I'm not supposed to do. It just won't come out.

Is there a special technique or method in removing it?

Thanks!

Should just come out. No special trick. Try wobbling it out to loosen it up without damaging the connector on the floppy drive.

wobble it left to right. actually what kinda specs you got? if its a newer system floppy drives arent that necessary you can just take it out

chances are the cables arent gonna come out of the little white piece. i would just grab the cables and give a good yank

definitely looks stuck lol.

my question is....do you really need a floppy drive?? like i know a lot of newer computers these days don't come with them. I say you just take it out all together.

definitely looks stuck lol.

my question is....do you really need a floppy drive?? like i know a lot of newer computers these days don't come with them. I say you just take it out all together.

Well even if the OP wanted to do that, it would leave an empty bay in the case unless he had a bay cover. If you can't get it out with your hands, I've noticed in my experiences that a pair of needle-nose pliers will do wonders. Just grab onto the white connector and wiggle it out.

Well even if the OP wanted to do that, it would leave an empty bay in the case unless he had a bay cover. If you can't get it out with your hands, I've noticed in my experiences that a pair of needle-nose pliers will do wonders. Just grab onto the white connector and wiggle it out.

needle nose is a great idea...i didn't think of that. yeah true it would leave an empty bay...but i am sure he could come up with a way to block it.

Back
Top Bottom