Disable BIOS on laptop

joxley1990

Golden Master
Hey, well, I was wondering if there was a way to disable a BIOS on a laptop, so that it cannot be entered. I need to disable it because it automaticially enters on every startup, and cannot replace the keyboard until I have sufficant funds.

I would just like to make it so it is impossible to enter..and doesnt prompt to be entered on startup.

Any way to do this?

First Part of your question is no. If you disable your BIOS, the computer will not boot. Second option. Usually there is a security setting in the bios that allows you to password protect it.

Frankly UID has a point your comptuer WON"T TURN ON without bios, frankly unless you can break the key to a point wher eit doesn't automically click into bios your screwed. Password protecting it might be a soulution BUT MAKE THE PASSWORD EASY like idk password or hi or somthing that you willl be able to never forget, and maybe it'll just pass you on, then again i tmight just require you to type in the password or reboot, which takes you back to the same screen...

Chances are it will just take you right back into the bios if you password protect it, however it will just be more annoying because you have to type in your password every time.

Exactly. I knew in the back of my head the sort of replies I was going to get, I guess I just wanted to see it for real.

Oh well..Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom