Digital Camcorder/ Computer Connection Problems

Tosh McCaber

Solid State Member
Next problem. Can anyone help with the (non) connection of my Sony digital camcorder, please? Firstly, when I connected it to the computer (Win 2000) by Firewire, using Pinnacle Studio 8, it told me that initialisation had failed. It's not showing on the Imaging Devices, in the Device Manager, either.

More significantly, when I first connected, in the Device Manager, in the IEEE1394 Bus host controllers tab- (Firewire) it read “NEC OHCI Compliant IEEE1394 Compliant Host Controller”, with a yellow exclamation mark. So, I uninstalled it, and then tried using the associated “scan for hardware changes” tab. The computer promptly shut down.

On rebooting, the yellow exclamation mark had gone away. Unfortunately, on hooking up the camcorder again, it still wouldn't connect, and the whole process started again.

The weird thing is that I did manage to connect the camcorder a few months ago, just after I bought the Firewire card.

Any thoughts or suggestions, anybody?

two things come to mind.
1) make sure the firewire card is properly installed.
2) Check your settings within pinnacle for where you capture from.Pinnacle is a good program but has a tendancy to be very proprietary so will default to what is company set for how to connect to what.

Back
Top Bottom