Different desktop pictures for dual display?

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
Is it possible to put 2 different desktop pictures for a dual display setup? Windows automatically puts the same picture on both displays, and it's kinda boring, the same picture on both. Is there a free program to do this, or a way to do it in Windows?

Just right click and go to properties from there etc on the second moniter or the moniter that you want the difference display on.

I think..

I haven't seen an option to do that, specifically.

But, the way I got round it was by doing thus:

Simply get your desktop picture, and in Photoshop or something, make the width double the size. In the space you have, add another picture, so you have two pictures side by side. (So 1 picture fills one monitors width in res, while the other fills the other monitors width in res)

So for a 1280x1024 resoloution on both, you'd have a 2560x1024 res picture.

When you then apply this desktop image, you have two seperate images on different screens.

I hope this helps :)

Haha! No need, use this, it's fantastic.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

That is a (think) 60 day trial.

Ultramon can put two different backgrounds on each monitor, it can set two different screensavers on each monitor, it can do countless things.

Try it, tell me what you think..

Thats not bad :p But it is a trial, and don't talk about giving it free here please...

My method is free, and works :D

and don't talk about giving it free here please...

I know this is going to seem like a pack of lies, however, I was at a computer fair once, and there was a stall, selling these, and the licences, along with alot of other software, including Autocad, games, Photoshop, and alot of other stuff, SO, I forked out £20, and bought 10 discs, with an unlimited key, I have a certificate of authenticity if you want to see it..so technicially, I am allowed to give it away, only for personal use though..

Ah right okay, fair enough :p Sorry about that then...
Your very kind, hehe.

Noo, it's cool, I should of explained the situation before, I can see how it looks now, dont worry man..

Yeah, let me know if you want any...:)

Haha, thanks. I wish I was running a dual monitor system, but I just can't afford another monitor.

I have a 15inch CRT, but it'll look out of place, and its going a bit funny now, but at one point, I did have two connected up, but then my brother got annoyed, since we have 4 different partitions, and because he couldn't be bothered setting it up, he went at me, so I took it all down.

Back
Top Bottom