Difference between this RAM, and that RAM

The PNY memmory's CAS latencys are lower, so it would be faster...how much...I'm not sure..ask Atomic or Worship :p

Yeah, I don't see much of a difference. Of course the second one probably has much better heatsink and less CAS Latency which I'm not too familiar with. Hum...because I don't know much about the difference in CAS Latency I would say the first one. But who knows, maybe it is a big gap.

The second set is assured to run at 4-4-4-12 @ 800MHz which are lower latencies than the G-Skill set. This could mean (but depends mostly on the modules used) that the PNY set could reach higher speeds than the G-Skill set as you could up it's latencies higher up to CAS 5 which would make it more stable at higher speeds. I hope you kind of get the jist of what I'm trying to say. BTW that PNY set is way overpriced, you can get some Corsair or Crucial CAS 4 stuff for about $75.

The PNY has lower (faster) timings and real fancy heat spreaders, but the small difference in performance isn't worth the extra $67.

I have a set of the G.SKill and they are rock solid. It's very good memory for the price.

Mine gets kind of unstable at about 850. Unless thats my cpu. I'm not sure, but I want to overclock it a little more. Maybe I should get some CAS 4 stuff later on, or even 3. Unless, is it my motherboard stopping me?

The PNY has lower (faster) timings and real fancy heat spreaders, but the small difference in performance isn't worth the extra $67.

I have a set of the G.SKill and they are rock solid. It's very good memory for the price.

its worth it if you like to overclock to the sky... the heat sink and faster timings will help with that.

I happen to have a low end stick of ram in my comp, and I don't think that if I upgraded to the fastest ram out there that I would notice much. computing is all about matching the bottlenecks. its like putting a fire hose on your garden spigot. its not gonna fight any house fire.

Back
Top Bottom