Dial-up Help

brn

Solid State Member
Hello,
My grandmother has a Gateway computer with 63 mb of Ram, a Intel Celeron processer and Windows ME. She has a small-area local internet provider (nothing like AOL, Netzero or other nation-wide providers). She has problems dialing in to the Internet.
She opens up IE, and the Dial-Up box comes up. She doesn't want to enter her password, but she still has to. After entering here password and hitting "dial-up" or whatever it takes to dial-in, sometimes a dialog box asking for "Network User password" comes up, sometimes a dialog box asking for "User password" comes up, and sometimes a box saying "Welcome to Windows" comes up, all three requesting passwords. Sometimes just on comes up, sometimes only two come up, and sometimes all three come up. After all that, sometimes a dialog box saying "Error" comes up and she has to start all over. She shouldn't have to enter her password once since she is supposed to have "Remember password" and "Automatic log-in" checked, however they are grayed out. I tryed going to Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Settings>Properties>Security and checking "Connect automatically" and entering the password, but haven't tried to log in again, but I will in a sec and post the outcome. Any explaination, help or solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)!
BRN

Back
Top Bottom