Dell X3100 Issues

ace777

Fully Optimized
I am having the hardest time with this computer. It was given to me by a friend, its a dell XPS 210. Basically they guy who gave it to me said it was crashing after he logged in, so he gave up and said I could have it. So the immediate way I found to resolve the video issue was to use different drivers, which worked for about 30 minutes and then it did the same thing. If I am browsing the net, or checking email after about 30 minutes of being logged in it will crash. The ONLY way I have found to prevent it from crashing, is to uninstall the video adapter and that SEEMS to fix it. I have had it on for one time for 4 hours, and currently booting it up again to see how long it can go. I really do not want to have to reinstall the OS ( vista ) because he cannot locate the CD, and I cannot afford to buy another. Is there anything I can try?

Ok I think I am going to give up on this, whats a graphics card I can get for 50 - 100, that will be at least as strong as the X3100 and work with a 250 watt PSU.

Back
Top Bottom