Dell Inspiron 6400 acting very weird!?

j.venning

In Runtime
Hi everyone, have a Dell Inspiron 6400 in thats acting very strange!

The laptop always works very quietly, minimal fan noise etc. Today when I started up, the fan came on instantly on its highest RPM and has stayed on ever since! It has never come on at startup (maybe slow RPM's to say the least). The air coming out of the fan isn't even hot - its bloody freezing!

Do you think their has been an electrical fault possibly?!

One other thing, their seems to be hell of a lot of CPU and RAM usage from normal tasks such as IE (68MB on IE startup) and MSN Messenger (30MB on startup)! Do you think the problems are related to each other?

Regards and happy christmas!
James.

i know alot of BIOS update for Dells,IBM,Macs do have add-ons that give the machine better control over the fan. Now it might be that your BIOS update needs to be installed so your machine can control things better.Or it could be that your BIOS driver is somewhat damged from e.g. Viruses or just incorrect shutdown. Is your machine still in warranty from dell?

Hi guys, thanks for your replies! I have installed the latest BIOS available so I wouldnt of thought it was that? Also, have NOD32 anti-virus running all the time - hasn't found anything!

Quite strange!

Back
Top Bottom