Deleting Partition

Rage1

Beta member
Hey everyone, I could use some help. I want to delete the partition on my hard drive. Can I do this with out reformatting, I am also running XP home.

Thanks
Rage

Yes, that is possible to do, though you won't be able to rectify the space lost on your remaining partition without formatting your hard drive, unless you use a program called Partition Magic which can then after deleting the partition, make the remaining one fill the whole drive up again, though its not free by all means. Though I've heard its rather simple to use and get working.

EDIT: I edited this post because I read your post wrong, and so you can use partition magic to rectify the space lost, and for the deleting of the partition (it wouldn't be fair of me to have edited to add the part about the disk manager now), so just follow the post by Knight to do that :)

Though after doing that, do note that you will have half a drive, as without formatting, you won't be able to get the space you've lost back I don't think within windows, though you can wipe that partition.

Some information from Kage to Rage :p

*** Dangit! Second time in (12) hours that I've been beat by (1) minute :p ***
If you want to delete the partition with Windows XP on it, you can't. Otherwise, try doing this:
1) Right-click on My Computer
2) Click Manage
3) Under the Storage tree, click Disk Management
4) From there, select the partition you want deleted
5) Right-click on that partition, and select Delete Partition

Hope that helps you :)

Hey its alright Knight mate, in a way you did make it first.
I just edited my post just now since i read the original post wrong (i thought he wanted to make a partition), but didn't add the part about the disk management and told him to read yours to delete it because it wouldn't have been fair :)

I'm sorry about the fact that you could delete it, but you wouldn't get all your space back though :( Partition Magic would definitely do that though, and I'm sure other programs would (not sure of any though), and I don't know of any that are free.

Wow, I wasn't expecting a reply that fast......Thanks for the info.

Laterz
Rage

Hey, no problems.

Per? I've never heard of that Ranish Partition Manager, does that do the same thing for free? :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom