Defraging help.

allenn812

Daemon Poster
Everytime i try to defrag, it will go to 1, then go back down to 0, it does this over and over again and never gets past 1. Why is that?

allenn812 said:
Everytime i try to defrag, it will go to 1, then go back down to 0, it does this over and over again and never gets past 1. Why is that?
Do your defragging in Safe Mode with Win 98. This is the only way to do it successfully.

Or if you do not want to do it in Safe Mode go here and download EndItAll 1.0.0.33. This will close down all unneeded programs from running and interfering with defrag.exe

EndItAll program looks like a Kill'Em All game (review number 29), but instead of bunnies this one use your running programs. First its advantage is in its “current configuration” window – the program shows you everything, what's going on inside your PC at the moment. When you need to kill (oh, my gosh, I've promised to be polite, sorry: to close sounds better) already-running applications, you just push the button. The developer has thought over enough everything concerning tray icons and such things as IE and system programs. So it won't close simply everything – it will choose most useless, not system applications. That's the second and the last advantage of EndItAll, but these two are worth enjoying. The interface is really simple and functional. The program requires Windows 98 or higher, and I can see no reasons to give up using this element of software.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r91.html

Wombat said:

Do your defragging in Safe Mode with Win 98. This is the only way to do it successfully.

Or if you do not want to do it in Safe Mode go here and download EndItAll 1.0.0.33. This will close down all unneeded programs from running and interfering with defrag.exe

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r91.html

Thanks wombat, i tried it is safe mode, tried defragging again and it got an error at 4% saying there were errors on the drive and to do scan disk. I did that and i found errors and fixed them. So i tried to defrag again but it said there was errors on the drive and to do scan disk at 4% again. So i did scan disk again and it found no errors. So i tried to defrag again and it said error at 4% again. Know why?

Back
Top Bottom