Decent laptop?

What will you be using this laptop for?

I Know this is $100 over your budget but i would get it with the 8600m 256mb and the 1.4Ghz Core2duo.

What will you be using this laptop for?

I Know this is $100 over your budget but i would get it with the 8600m 256mb and the 1.4Ghz Core2duo.

Mostly for basic stuff, no games. Also, i have been wanted to learn programming so maybe some of that down the road.

Try to aim for 2GB of RAM and a Core2Duo proc if it can fit into the budget..

I just did the costomize thing and added all stuff like that and comes under $700 so that should work.

Also, whats the difference between simple network and networked?

I just did the costomize thing and added all stuff like that and comes under $700 so that should work.

Also, whats the difference between simple network and networked?

excellent, can you be more descriptive on the networking part?

it could be taking about a workgroup vs. domain...

or maybe its reffering to hardware...

I need more information to answer the question though

excellent, can you be more descriptive on the networking part?

it could be taking about a workgroup vs. domain...

or maybe its reffering to hardware...

I need more information to answer the question though

It says in this dell magizine i have here:
Under Environments it lists Vostro as simple or no network and Latitude as networked and Dell Precistion as Networked. Why is vostro simple or no network and what does that mean?

It says in this dell magizine i have here:
Under Environments it lists Vostro as simple or no network and Latitude as networked and Dell Precistion as Networked. Why is vostro simple or no network and what does that mean?

Here is some more info on the Vostro's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vostro

they seem to be a business laptop, and as far as network connectivity goes you should be fine with whatever model you choose :)

The Vostro is Dell's low end business notebook. If you want to have a 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port, pick a Latitude.

Back
Top Bottom