D-Link DI-524 wireless router firmware upgarde

d_source

Daemon Poster
Hi eveyone,
I have a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. I heard I should be updating the firmware on it. My Q: Is this easy to do, how is it done (any step by step instructions b/c i couldnt find any on the site) and what are the advantages of updating (my wired and wireless connections work fine...wireless could be a bit faster but other than that it works fine)

Thanks,
D

Check your manual. For my Netgear router, I have to go to RouterLogin.net and I can change settings and all that through there. :)

d_source said:
Hi eveyone,
I have a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. I heard I should be updating the firmware on it. My Q: Is this easy to do, how is it done (any step by step instructions b/c i couldnt find any on the site) and what are the advantages of updating (my wired and wireless connections work fine...wireless could be a bit faster but other than that it works fine)

Thanks,
D

OK. I found out how to do the update and downloaded the new firmware. I currently have version 3.02 and the newer version is 3.23. The only worry i have is if something is wrong with the new version. Is there a way to backup the firmware i currently have on my router? I would like to be able to go back...just in case...

Back
Top Bottom