CSS error 1305

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hmm well i just got counter strike source today cause my 7800 finally came in :), so anyway, when i get to disc 2 it says error 1305 cannot find file c:/program files/steam/steam apps/and some file (i dont remember what it is) but anyhow, when i open up the folder i can look straight at the file, ive looked this up on google and a TON of people have the same problem but i cant find a way how to fix it, any ideas guys? should i just get a new copy?

thanks,
kyle

SYSTEM SETUP NOW:
windows xp home sp2
abit kv8 max3 mobo
Athlon 3200+ oc'ed to 2.45ghz
bfg 7800 gs oc 256mb gddr3
1.5gb pc3200
120gb ide hd
lite-on 12x dvd-rw

i sent a message to valve, hopefully ill get a response, then ill pass that on in case anybody else has this problem...

delete clientregistry.blob in the steam folder and steam should update with the correct file and the file you need.

Well if you didn't uninstall steam already, what you were supposed to do is just restart Steam after deleting that file and it will clean itself by updating and getting all the correct files.

yea i know thats what i did, i didnt reinstall it, it updated itself when i restarted, the problem is when im installing CSS it says it cant read a file, but it isnt there cause im not installing CSS, when i install CSS it shows up but says it cant find it even though its in the exact directory it says it cant find it in

Back
Top Bottom