CS: S Server on Windows

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
I've been trying to setup a little windows based server in my home with an older computer to teach my buddy how to play but ive been having trouble, I turn on the server, open the required ports, but it just wont brodcast to the internet. anybody have suggestions to how i should proceed?

Have you checked that sv_lan 0 is on? I know for 1.6 you gotta do that, for Source i'm sure it's the same.

DCM said:
Have you checked that sv_lan 0 is on? I know for 1.6 you gotta do that, for Source i'm sure it's the same.

in steam they set this for me when i click that i want it to be an internet server
when i directly connect myself to my cable modem it works fine, behind the router nothing, i cant understand what i'm missing

damn D-LINK i had no problem with my lyncsis

go to your router and check again, make sure under virtual server "steam1" is open always on 27015/27015. You might have to type sv_lan 0 into console anyway. Mine did that today and that fixed it.

i figured it out... its something to do with my DCHP i alwasy have to switch it to static then to dynamic to get it to work. i think i'm going to get a new router that happend all the time trying to get my FTP up... to this day it still dosent work unless i switch it and it 'l work for like a day or 2

Back
Top Bottom