Crysis?

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Will my friends computer play crysis? I told him it wont and he keeps saying his is better then mine. It's a Dell Dimension 8400 with a Pentium 4 2.4GHz with an AGP slot and DDR Ram. Probably a 128MB GPU. He says it has 3GB of ram (Didn't know DDR MoBos supported 3GB) He says it was "[fixed] nigga up" (Actual quote, sorry)

Prove that it doesnt work? (Obviously not but he doesnt beleive me)

Also is his computer any better then mine? (He doesnt beleive me)

Edit: He says he can sell it for more then 1000 :rolleyes:

It may play the first 3/4th of crysis on low with the lowest resolution. Not sure if you have played crysis through but the last few levels are really cranked up with effects. When you get out of the cave I have to knock it back to low settings on my setup to make it playable. I can play that part on medium and did for a while but I couldn't stand how choppy it was so I tuned it back for that part of the level.

Can't wait to have a GPU that plays that level on Very high detail at 60FPS without breaking a sweet.

Edit in: Just looked it up the level is called Paradise Lost. That level kills my computer and thats at 1280X768.

Strange. My computer doesn't really find have any difference between the first few levels and the Paradise Lost level.

I doubt your mates computer will be able to run it very well at all.

My mates computer is a Pentium 4, with a 128mb graphics card also, and he can't even play it on Low at a good resolution, without it juddering along.

Strange. My computer doesn't really find have any difference between the first few levels and the Paradise Lost level.

I doubt your mates computer will be able to run it very well at all.

My mates computer is a Pentium 4, with a 128mb graphics card also, and he can't even play it on Low at a good resolution, without it juddering along.

Well thats probally due to me losing a extra 15FPS since I run it in Vista and you run it in XP. I think i'm just going to install it on XP. I hate even booting XP but I may as well to play the last few levels of Crysis.

Thats really crazy though if you were only getting 18-22FPS in XP that your fps didn't drop to like 4-5fps in that level.

Well thats probally due to me losing a extra 15FPS since I run it in Vista and you run it in XP. I think i'm just going to install it on XP. I hate even booting XP but I may as well to play the last few levels of Crysis.

Thats really crazy though if you were only getting 18-22FPS in XP that your fps didn't drop to like 4-5fps in that level.

I agree with Kage, I noticed no difference in demand on hardware from the first levels to the last ones. DX9 for me too of course, but the game ran smooth the entire time for me.

and also, with your friend's setup, Juice, I would tell him to not even bother with Crysis.

Yeah, hehe, if you have Crysis Juice, give it him to install and try, and laugh when he can't run it, then simply take the disc back.

The game ran fine for em on Medium up until paraidse lost with the snow it wanted to lag :'(
So i put it on low...
I'm seriosuly considering buying one of those 8800's..
idk depends on price

is this a good deal? yesterday i was at bestbuy and they had a 8800gt 512mb bfg for 237 us dollars.

Back
Top Bottom