CPU Temperature

Tribut3

Baseband Member
I recently purchased a P4 3.0 Ghz with HT from intel. i installed it myself and it went in easily. i upgraded from a celeron 2.4. huge difference.

running windows i get like 45'C idle and when i run games like bf2 or call of duty uo it shoots up from 55'C to 62'C
is this too hot? should i replace the thermal paste? heatsink?
thanks

same chip as me, and same temps as i used to get. had mine for a year now and recently had it getting to 65-70% while playing c.o.d, and causing problems. i took off the heatsink and noticed that the thermal grease had vitualy all gone. i purchased a vapo chill heatsink and fan put some premium thermal grease on it, now it is running cooler than ever.

woz

wow

i have a p4 2.8 gig hyper thread and i get 35 c idle and 40 max on like f.e.a.r or hl2. my room temp is usually around 78 80 deg. my graphics runs at 52c idle and 60c gaming is this too hot? its a bfg geforce 6800 oc

Well, my athlon 64 3000+ S939, on stock cooling including the heatsink and thermal pad Idled at 31C...it went max load 43-44. But for AMD 57 degrees and up I would shut it off immediately.

Back
Top Bottom