cpu temp

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i think my cpu is getting too how...speedfan it says its 68C idling...i'm not sure why its doing that....does anybody else have a gateway?

drumthrasher said:
i think my cpu is getting too hot. Speedfan it says, its 68C idling. I'm not sure why its doing that does anybody else have a gateway?

Nope, I dont. but that is just alittle to hot. Resit the heatsink like take the heatsink off after the computer is off and get new thermal compond. Take the old compond off the cpu and put just enough to cover the core or ISH

i'm talking to gateway on the phone right now...but most of the time it's at 70C while i'm using it...maybe they could do something about it.

yeah thats the board alright. now gateway thinks that i should send my computer to them for a 'diagnosis' and to replace the 'defected' part. i don't think i should...they should send whatever i need to me!

drumthrasher said:
now i guess i should send it too them but what could they do?
well check the contact on the heatsink and the cpu.. before anything

i had the sameee prolemm and it turned out that my cpu wasnt installed right and there was something wrong with my jumper setting... but another possibility is that ur cpu fan is broke..........................

well, i'm pretty sure my cpu is in correctly cause i took it out a couple of times and put it back in and all my jumpers are set correctly, and i don't have a cpu fan for some reason.
okay theres a fan on the front and a green plastic thing that directs the air blown by the fan towards the heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom