CPU stuck in MB socket

Michael24

Beta member
Today, I received some new thermal paste that I purchased a few days ago. So, I opened up my computer case, removed my AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 (CPU cooler), unlocked the CPU socket, and proceeded to removing my CPU. Unfortunately, I was unable to do this, because the CPU is completely stuck. Now, I only want to remove it so I can clean off the old thermal paste. So, considering that I am unable to remove it, would it be safe to clean it while it rests in it's socket? I will be using lint free coffee filters and isopropyl alcohol to remove the old thermal paste. Also, I guess I should add that I have an AMD Phenom II X4 955 (C2) processor, and an ASUS Crosshair III Formula motherboard. Thanks!

Just be careful and ground yourself before touching anything and it should be ok.

LOL that reminds me of what happened to my brother!!!

When I went to take his CPU off, it wouldn't budge! So I used some force to take it off and BAM it comes off ... with the cpu chip STUCK to the bottom of the heatsync? I had to get a flat head screwdriver and pry it off...

He must of run his computer so hot it turned to liquid then settled back down and stuck to the heatsync... lol

Back
Top Bottom