CPU installation + advice

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
hi all, i have a motherboard that has no details about it anyware and i want to know what CPU i can put in it.

it previously had a quad core q8300 775 so im asuming that any 775 CPU will work ? please correct me if im wrong.

it also depends on the chipset i was lead to believe. again i dont have no spec about the motherbord so i dont know what chipset it has.

i was looking at getting a Intel SL9SA Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor

what advice would you give ?

Could you post a photo? I wouldn't say any 775 would work. However, most would with the latest bios for the board. On the board it will tell you the brand and model somewhere might be a white sticker or message etched onto the board. However, why would you replace a quad core with a dual core cpu?

Could you post a photo? I wouldn't say any 775 would work. However, most would with the latest bios for the board. On the board it will tell you the brand and model somewhere might be a white sticker or message etched onto the board. However, why would you replace a quad core with a dual core cpu?

im not replacing it, i previously upgraded my motherboard and most of my components. what i have left is short of a processor (as i used the old one in my new system) and a hard drive.

Based on my hunting around. It is a OEM board that belongs in a Packard Bell ixtreme M3720. Hope that helps.

Based on my hunting around. It is a OEM board that belongs in a Packard Bell ixtreme M3720. Hope that helps.

thats correct, but as it is a prebuilt machine it has no technical documnetation. im just going to go for it and get the processor. its only 30 quid and if it dont fit then i will sell it on.

I have yet to see a board that could take the 1333Mhz Core 2 line and not support the 800 line. I'm willing to bet you'd be fine. If it were the other way around I wouldn't be so willing to say that....

Back
Top Bottom