CPU Idle

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
So the other day I was fooling around in task manager, and something was taking up 99 of my CPU. It was "System Idle Process". Now, I know what this is, but do you think that when I run my games, it is still running?

Well it sounds like it is what it says it is- just a system idle process so when you're not using your PC it is running. I would assume unless you're experiencing major difficulty in running games that it goes off when the computer reads that it is in use.

MarxSoccer said:
Why don't you run a game, and then look and see if it's still running? :rolleyes:

Well I did and it's actually still on at 95% when I am. And why don't you stop being such a smart ass? Huh? @sshole.

HRHunteRHR said:
And the reason why I asked is because when it was on before it would go away, but now it stays on.

It's a program that is accessing a system file to do whatever it is it needs to do.
Check your processes and see which program uses the most memory and try closing that out... Often times that's the program that's eating up your resources.

Also make sure it's not a virus.

Thanks for a good reply, I ran Counter-Strike Source asa better benchmark and got BARLEY 60 fps. My computer is being slowed down by this System idle crap. How do I end it?!

System Idle process isn't disturbing.it takes 99%f the CPU to be idle. When an application runs, it will go down for sure. I'd look for what else takes memory.

HRHunteRHR said:
Well I did and it's actually still on at 95% when I am. And why don't you stop being such a smart ass? Huh? @sshole.

wow snap show, maybe next time try being clearer with your information instead of typing two lines then you won't get smart azz comments like that.

Distortion88 said:
wow snap show, maybe next time try being clearer with your information instead of typing two lines then you won't get smart azz comments like that.

Well he gave me a smart ass comment, I'm not going to be happy about it. I mean, you really think I wouldn't look for myself?!? Well I ran CS:S and I pressed control alt delete and it's only giving CS:S 14% of my cpu. That is NOT enough. System Idle is still running at aroung 86%.

Back
Top Bottom