Cpu Help

williamdo

Solid State Member
I have an K8N NEO4 Platinum motherboard, and I decided to upgrade my cpu from AMD Athlon64 3000+ to AMD Athlon64 3800+. So I took out the old cpu and put in the new one. When I turned on my computer, my screen displayed "No signal". So I was like "WTF?". Reinstalled my cpu and the same thing happened. I put the 3000+ back in, and it is the same thing. So do you guys know what is wrong??

Thank you

Make sure you didn't knock anything loose while installing the CPU. Check to make sure your video card, memory, and all cables are firmly attached and seated in their slots.

Thx, I just replugged everything in and out and it is still not working. Do you have any more suggestions, because i really dont want to take this to a computer store. It sounds like it is working normal, but there is just screen, this really sucks!

thank you

So it does it for both processors? Maybe you damaged them while switching them???

Hey, try clearing the CMOS. There is a jumper on the motherboard that you will need to move for about 30 seconds or so. It's usually marked CMOS next to it. You can find it's location in your manual.

Back
Top Bottom