CPU in Games

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so, i have the same question again. Though is not the same as the one i recently posted.

anyways, comparing Dual Cores and Quad Cores in gaming, from the benchmarks i have seen, they perform the exact same, though sometimes one perform better than the other.

I have chosen to go with the Q6600 as my next processor, but compared to a Dual Core, its almost doubled the price. A part of me is just telling me to get a Dual Core, and OC the hell out of it and get a better decent board and power supply. I dont know which route i am going. I will probably be getting a new CPU maybe around March of next year, or during the Summer, though i would have to get a new board if i went with Intel since i am pretty sure the Nehalem would be out.

But when do you think Quad cores going to be needed in gaming?
this is pretty much an opinion based thread.

Thanks to those that took time in replying.

Most software at present isn't written to be multithreaded i.e. use more than 1 or 2 cores.

In the future they will have that capability but for now dual cores and quads will practiclly give the same results.

I'm not going to rush into Nehalem until they have "ironed out any bugs"

Once Nehalem has been released the current hardware will become quite a lot cheaper, your call.

Back
Top Bottom