Couple Toshiba Satellite laptop questions...

religion2386

In Runtime
I have a Toshiba Satellite A205 laptop. It came with Windows Vista.

1. Do I have to keep windows vista on it or can I reformat and install Windows XP?

2. I live out in the country and DSL isnt available yet, but I do have one of those Altell internet cards which is alot faster than dial up and satellite. The only problem is last time I reformatted my laptop I reinstalled all my drivers EXCEPT apparantly the 1 that recognizes the wi-fi card. Ive been to the toshiba website and looked at the list of drivers. I thought I downloaded what I needed, but I didnt. Can some link me exactly which driver I need to install so I can get on the internet back at my house.

Thanks!

You should first go to Toshiba's website to see if there are any XP compatible drivers for your laptops before switching the OS. Many laptops that came pre-installed with Vista were designed with Vista compatible drivers only.

Good call on that AR, but I checked the website and it looks like they do have compatible drivers for XP.

OP: Just select the version of XP you'll be using and download the drivers from here. (If the link doesn't work due to cookies just find your make and model..you'll end up in the same place).

ok thanks on that part, but for the time being UNTIL VISTA lets me down what vista driver do I need to download (specifically: like a link) to get my wi-fi card working again?

This is what it tells me...

"Windows needs to install driver software for your ports"
--
"Locate and install driver software ( recommended ) "
I click that one ^^^^^^

Then-----

"Insert the disk that came with your ports" ( I dont have that CD )

So I click---

" I dont have the disk, show me other options "

I click----

" Check for solutions "

Then it just tells me "Windows was unable to install your adapter"

I dont know what to do now...

Any help?

nothing....?

Back
Top Bottom