couple of problems

sorted

Baseband Member
okay would really appreciate some help with this, ive recently bought a wireless router, first i thought i had to change my connection on my computer as i had to change to usb from ethernet seen as though the router was using the ethernet connection. then i couldnt connect either wireless or wired, eventually i managed to get one or the other connected but not both.
so the situation im in now is i cant get a connection from my modem straight to my computer, ive obviously tried reinstalling braodband but that doesnt work, does anyone how i can fix this?

second problem, i have the wireless internet running on my laptop, every now and then though it will disconnect for no reason and then connect straight away again, it happens quite often. does anyone know whats wrong or how i can fix this.

and a little problem compared to the others but important none the less, i have an out connection so i can play dvds on my tv from my laptop, but it does not seem to work, i have a scart connection linked to a connector socket which has a lead to some socket i dont know the name of sorry and another two other phono leads which i think are for audio.

i would really appreciate any sort of help, ive been trying to figure out the problems for a while now.
cheers

please any one :)
i realise that this is my first post but this was the reason i found the forum, im sure i will become a valuable member over time

I can help you fix that problem but I may need more info.
First to install your wireless router correctly, you'll have to start from scratch, and make sure your broadband modem is connected.
After the setup procedure, you will click START>RUN type ipconfig/all and then hit enter.
There you will have the MAC adress of your ethernet card. Copy it because you will need it to clone the address so if ever you lose your internet connection your router will get its' connection back when you get your internet connection back.
If you are loosing the internet connection it could be because your wireless PC or desktop is not well placed and the signal get too weak and you lose your connection. Make sure you are placing your wireless router and your wireless PC's in good positions to get the best possible signal. If you leave your cursor over your connection icon in the tray, you should see the signal strength.
You can also go to portforward.com for more specific help.
What kind of router do you have?

my router is a belkin 54g.
my laptop is relatively near to it,
i tried doing the start - run thing but nothing comes up.
on my computer that is wired i just cant install broadband, do you know why this is.
thanks for your help.

evil things new routers are

what happened to the god old days of plug an play routers, autodetected everything... "Sigh" anyway the wireless thing what type of wireless connection is it? b? G? or even the rare and obscure A?
anywho almost all wireless products generally do that sometimes, they peak, they fall, they disconnect, and then they spike up again. this is due to the fact that wireless doesnt have a steady contact with the comp. it sends signals tthrough airwaves instead of wires= less reliable.
For your second problem, make sure you have all the info from your ISP.
Ip adress, Dns, Default gateway, etc.. you should have gone to the router thing and configured your router to those settings correct?
if you havent do that immediatley that could be the cause. usually to connect your router to enter setting try typing 192,168.1.1 in your IE or Firefox Bar that should take you to your router. and as for the tv thing I havent a clue. hopefully that helps. and if you want a more stable wireless, try going with wireless G, and or getting a better antenna for your wireless router to boost the signal. or screw wireless completeley and go buy yourself some hundredfoot Cat5's :)

Dude i've gotta belkin 54g wireless router, mine also diconnected and reconnected all the time!!! I fixed it by upgradin my firmware!! If u tell me the model number i'll get u your latest firmware!!

Back
Top Bottom