Connecting a laptop to TV using a wireless card??

slightlyblunt

Solid State Member
I have a Acer TravelMate 4020 and use Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Notebook Card. I noticed that this card fits into a slot on the side of my TV. My question is, can I connect my laptop to my TV and use TV as a monitor to access ther intrenet?

If so, what cable to I need?

Cheers in advance...

umm what tv u got ??

if its just a normal tv then the likelyness is probably no

If you're talking about the yellow composite cables, it will display, but it's not recommended to use it. It's going to be horrible. If ytou're talking VGA, then yes.

umm hang on am i gettin the wrong end of the stick ? didnt u say ur tv has a slot that your wireless card will go into ?

*(never seen that b 4)

and if it has its probably not ment for pc components unless ur tv has some kind of media centre pc built in ?

n e ways if i got the complete wrong end of the stick then ur post wasnt very clear

n e way what u can do is check to c if your laptop has an S - Video port if it has then you can def connect ur laptop to ur telly and browse the net + watch DVD's off ur lappy on ur tele.

although im sure ur post mention that ur tele has a slot for the wireless crad ?:confused:

i think he means on teh side of the wireless card there is na port for an external arial which would also be like the port on the tv for the aerial , am i correct , if so you cant wire that to your tv

i think he means on teh side of the wireless card there is na port for an external arial which would also be like the port on the tv for the aerial , am i correct , if so you cant wire that to your tv

Did you just want to use your TV as a monitor and connect to the internet with a wireless card to browse the internet while looking at your TV? You can do that by connecting your laptop to your TV via S-Video, but I didn't get very good quality by doing that on either of the TVs in my house with my laptop.

If you want to connect your TV to your laptop to view the video on the TV wirelessly, as far as I know it's not possible yet.

Back
Top Bottom