Connecting consoles to monitors

Weezix

Solid State Member
Hey all
I did ask about this before, but I dont think people understood what I was trying to do. I want to be able to connect my games consoles, (that run on scart or euroscart) to play through my monitor, preferably without too much cable switching between that and my tower unit. I thought the way to do this would be to find a tv card that supports scart, but ive been unable to find one as yet....
any suggestions?
Thanks, Del

Yeah, Composite to DVI, to monitor adapter cable, where to get them, sorry I don't know that. Just look for composite to DVI or svideo to DVI. Easy shmessy!

What Do you mean by scart? I know that I hook my Xbox up to my Comp's monitor through the VIVO function of my MSI 6600gt. and it displays just fine ( and i can digitally record my gameplay, a must for my Machinima movies :p)
[VIVO: Video In Video Out, usually something that supports it comes with a dongle that expands from what looks like an S-video port. this dongle has your standard Red, white, and Yellow connectors, also it has an S-video connector too. this can send video out from the computer, and in to the computer.]

I don't think many can actually REALLY use a computer monitor. I know the Dreamcast had a VGA addaptor, but I don't think any others really have anything like that. You're bast option would probably be component video if you're TV has it...

Back
Top Bottom