connecting cables

blackie48

Solid State Member
a friend has a computer that worked and he changed to a different monitor and it did not start up correctly so he switched back to the original monitor and that did not work what can he do to fix this problem. his computer will not start up in windows it did before he changed the monitor he did not remove any thing such as programs he just unhooked one monitor and hooked up another one and then switched them back it had started up with windows 98 i have the cd but when i put the cd in and turn the computer on it says invalid system disk any help would be appreciated

try another video card maybee the monotir did something to it i dunno very odd problem if you ask me. try installing a different os like xp or if you dont have one available download a free linux os there really good

Make sure the video card is seated properly, he may of knocked it loose when he swapped cables. Wouldnt harm to check all the cables, if he has moved the case round to get to the back of the tower.

sorry wrong message this is a duplicate post my real question should have been a friend disconnected the cables on my computer to install a cd burner and now he won't come back and connect the cables so i can use my computer another friend has a problem with windows not starting see all my post and you will see two different problems

Back
Top Bottom