connecting to another computer?

lerner1

In Runtime
quick question ok i have my desktop computer and i have a labtop is there a way to transfer files from the desktop to the labtop with just a usb cord? thx in advanced dan

Interesting post.
I always wanted for me and my brother to be Lan connected so we can Play Games/File Share. How would i acomplish that, i mean i have some ideas, prob we can do that thrue ethernet right? But is there a way to do it thrue the Router? The router is kind of a midd ground betwin mine and his comp, so it would really be easy for us 2 do it that way.

Thanks.

You could do it through the router but you'll probably have to open ports or something. CS:S kept me from doing it for the longest time but finally I opened some ports and I could host online servers and connect to my brother's machine.

Ethernet is the fastest and best way to transfer data from on machine to another, NO router or and crap like that is need. Just a simple Crossover cable. Then go into windows home network setup and join them together as a workgroup. If you dont want to do all this, buy yourself a USB hard drive or just burn the data to cd or buy a USB memory stick. have fun

Back
Top Bottom