Connected DVI cable and now screen goes blank??

Eighty8lx501

Baseband Member
I have been useing the regular output cable for the monitor with no problems. I wanted the best quality so I switched over to the DVI cable. Hooked it in and stared up my pc, went online for about 20 min. then my screen went blank and said No Signal. Restarted and its fine for another 20 min or so. My monitor is a Princeton 19" lcd, My video card is a ATI Radion 9250 with a DVI output, S-video, and regular monitor output. I tryed all the power settings, set them to allways on and to never turn off. Turned off my screensaver. What should I do now? Thanks

Definitly sounds like a video card problem, like maybe it is overheating. What are you doing when the monitor goes blank, are you playing games?
Do you have the latest drivers for your vid card?

Did you re-install the drivers that came with your monitor?

A lot of monitors have different drivers for different outputs. Mine has a digital and analog one and if the DVI cable is plugged in without the digital driver it won't work.

I was just on the net and it happened & then when playing a game it happened, I switched my tv to video 2 (connected to my pc S-video) And I can see the screen fine. The monitor came with no driver cds. And I have a aux. fan right over the video card in a pci slot, so it should be running cool. Whats a better driver for my ATI Radeon 9250 256 MB PCI card? I am running the driver that came with the card.

maybe a bad cord too, or a lose connection. if possible change out the cord, see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom