eskimo_socks

Beta member
Ok - I'm stumped

I've got a
P4 1.7 Ghz
512 MB RamBus Ram
Geforce 5700 LE GPU
Running Windows 2000

Anyway - This morning when I booted it up I got a message saying that windows could not boot up because it could not find a file in the windows system folder - run windows repair to deal with it. So out come the boot cd - dosen't work - I don't normally use this computer so I reckon it dosen't support bootable CD's. So out come the bootdisks. First I get an error on disk 3. So I restart after making a new disk 3 with another PC. Then I get a message on disk 1 that so I make another set of disks and get the message that the system encountered an I/O error accessing multi(0)disk(0)fdisk(0)... umm...

I did a virus scan on it yesterday - I'm totally stumped about whats happening beyond the bios going south or something.

I/O Error? Uh oh.. I had a Seagate hard-drive that did that, and it was beyond repair. You have a second hard-drive? Hopefully it is not your hard-drive. I would suggest trying to reinstall Windows completely. You may have to format.

yea i had the same thing...i bought a computer, did some upgrades then the seagate 120gb hard drive failed displaying that same error, it pissed me off because the computer was only 4 weeks old but they wouldnt take it back because i did upgrades which void the warrenty

The problem is that I can't load into windows or run a boot disk (or CD) of any type (I've now tried my ME boot disks and they different and the 2000 disks I thought were "defective" worked on another system) so how am I supposed to reformat??? I do have a second hard drive - later today I will take out the primary and swap it for the second one (which is larger anyway) and see if I can do anything with that...

Anyway - I've found a hard disk diagnostic program and thats not working either - it seems that nothing can be loaded off the disk...

I'm gonna try changing the hard drives.

See if you can format the damaged drive from the one that is fine. That's all I can say...

(This is why I hate seagate)

Back
Top Bottom