computer wont work ahhhh!

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
ok this is what happened, the first comp i ever got was a dell but when i wanted to upgrade i was forced to get a new case and motherboard which i did so i had a dell case with a motherboard, 1gb ram and not much else so today i put a new 2.8 GHz cpu in and a new hard drive so i turned it on and nothing happened, what am i doing wrong?

Nothing Nothing or just power but nothing on screen...? Also please list complete specs.

P4 2.8GHz socket 478, 1gb ddr 266mhz, radeon 32mb gpu, hitachi 80gb hard drive ide, not sure what the motherboard is and what it used to be was P4 2.26GHz and a 40GB hard drive everything else is the same, theres nothing on the hard drive yet cause its brand new so when i turned on the comp i tried going into the bios but nothing comes up on the screen, its just stays blank

do mean like the monitor doesn't even show anything at all or does it just go to a black or white screen?

Okay.... the first thing that came to mind was Dell's proprietary power supply. The plug on it is like a normal ATX plug, but it's completely different in terms of what wires are connected. Is there a second plug attached to it or anything else out of the ordinary?

Back
Top Bottom