Computer Won't Turn On.

Phire

Baseband Member
Last night my computer was working just fine. Turned it off. Went to bed. Woke up. Went to school. Came back and tried turning on my computer. Nothing happened.Tried again. Still nothing. I tried my best clearing away rhe dust and checked to see if all the cables were properly in place which I think they were. Then I tried turning it on again. Still no luck. But everytime I take the main cable out of the back, then switch of the computer completely with the power switch at the back, connect the cable, turn it on...then try switching comp on... my computer cathode light flickers and i can see my fan turns for almost a split second. So I dont think anything inside is damaged? Right?

Apologies if this has been posted before. Please help.

:( I was hoping that wasn't the reason. I don't even know how to replace a power supply!

Its simple, you just unscrew it, get a new one, that has enough power, plug all the wires in, and thats about it...Trust me its preety simple, but it might not be your powersupply, let some of the other give suggestions before buying a new psu.

Yep, seems to me like a broken power supply :(

They are easy enough to change. Don't worry :)

Just aim for one with 450-600 Watt, and you'll be fine for most cases.

Thanks..but somehow my nails don't come out..so I kind of have to take out my motherboard too to access the other nails. Sheesh. Well, if I do buy a power supply...any suggestios which?

Yeah..heard of that name before. What's so good about newegg? Cheap? Good items? I'm considering buying all my stuff from there and having it shipped over here.

That is cheap, lol. Yeah, Newegg is THE place to buy computer stuff. Good selection, price, and shipping with the occasional faulty item, but what place doesn't?

I have seen this problem time, and time again. It is RARELY THE PSU.

I want to say
1. Try the ram
2. If you can MOBO, and CPU, also

If you have a extra PCI modem card that could be preventing your PC from booting up. Unplug EVERYTHING FROM THE MOBO have a barebone system, unplug all IDE cables from the MOBO, and PCI cards see if it boots up.

We had a guy that had a problem simliar to yours, turned off his PC next morning it wouldn't turn on. The problem was that a lighting had a cable box, the surge traveld from that box to his PCI card and fried it, this prevented the MOBO from booting up causae of POST test failure I believe or some shyt liek that.

REMOVE EVERYTHING ONLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING CONNECTED
MOBO
CPU
RAM
GPU (Maybe even try without the GPU to see if thats the culprit if that fails one stick of ram at a time)

If your internet was plugged directly into your MOBO your MOBO could be fried.

Back
Top Bottom