Computer Won't Shutdown.

ngreene15

Beta member
When I go 'Start' then Shut Down, my computer will appear to be in the process of shutting down, the Windows 98 screen deal is there and says 'Windows is now shutting down.' But it just stays there and my computer won't shut off.

If anyone knows why this happening and knows how to fix this, that would be great.

ngreene15 said:
When I go 'Start' then Shut Down, my computer will appear to be in the process of shutting down, the Windows 98 screen deal is there and says 'Windows is now shutting down.' But it just stays there and my computer won't shut off.

If anyone knows why this happening and knows how to fix this, that would be great.
bump... anyone?

Its probably a program thats always running that wont let you pc shut down. Before you go to shut down your computer. RIght click all the icons on your taskbar and turned them off.

update ur anti-virus and do a full system scan. If u don't have anti-virus get AntiVir or AVG. (both have free versions, look in google for the downloads)
Also
start -> run -> msconfig -> startup
uncheck all of the bad stuff/stuff u don't need. If u don't know what they are use google. And be sure that u don't uncheck anything important.

If u don't find any traces of a virus with the anti-virus and msconfig then it's most likely something else.

Back
Top Bottom