Computer wont boot up

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
Okay just today it started. When I turn on the computer, motherboard, fans, and everything is powered and working, but the monitor will not receive a signal, and the computer isn't doing anything but powering everything, nor will it go to windows. Any suggestions or ideas I can do to fix this? I get no beeps either. (It's the new computer I built for the wifey. It was working fine yesterday.)

I remember your thread. Actually I was looking at it no more than 1 minute ago. Hum...Let's start from simple to complicated. You had all those cables in there in a mess. Have you organized them? It could be compromising your machine. Also, make sure everything is plugged in properly. Next, I wanna get something clarified. You get no image whatsoever with your monitor? At school we had the same problem. The monitor wouldn't get a signal. But it ended up being a faulty cable. But yeah, check all the hardware connections before doing anything else.

Yes organized the wiring, but it was working yesterday after rewiring, all cables are plugged in properly, I tried that a few times.

Correct no image, but its not the video card because windows wont boot, nor does the busy light signal do doing anything

Ok. Maybe something went wrong while installing Vista. Maybe uninstalling it and reinstalling it? That's the only thing I can think of right now. It doesn't make sense if it was working yesterday and not today. It can't be any hardware so it has to be Vista. Unless something broke over night...but you say there's no beeping...

Idk man, honestly, I have no idea if i'm being helpful at all.

Well, what I meant was. Unplug the hard drive, switch it to another computer, then reinstall it there. But I guess I shoulda said that rather than just hope you'd read between the lines. Stupid of me. Sorry. But, yea, wait till some other people give their opinions before trying what I said. It could turn out to be a big waste of time.

lol, I really don't want to do that since it'll be the 3rd time I unplugged evertything and plugged it back in, I suppose I'll try

Joga- That's not going to help because it wont start up, doing that is not going to make a difference

Back
Top Bottom