Computer Wont Boot

GSisaac

Baseband Member
All new parts, computer starts, fans power on, LEDs light up, Monitor doesn't detect anything (Tried two monitors and they both work fine on other computer)

Asus p6x58d-e Mobo
i7-930 CPU
600W PSU
Radeon HD 5850
G.SkillF3-1200CL9t-6GBNQ (DDR3-1600) RAM

Shortly after booting it does 1 long & 3 short beeps which indicates a Memory test failure above 64KB correct? The Power indicator light also flickers, Not blinks, but flickers from the majority of the time being a dull light to a flash of brighter intensity.

The motherboard has an inboard power switch that lights up red (I assume it is supposed to be red, but it may change colours if it doesn't fail to boot, I'm not sure)

The RAM is on the Qualified Vendors List for the Mobo.

I have tried:
-Unplugging everything and replugging it in
-Resetting the CMOS via removing the mobo batter / unplugging it from the wall (don't see a CMOS jumper switch, nor does the manual mention much in this regard)
-Trying the RAM in different spots (I have no other DDR3 to try)
-Pressing the MemOK switch
-Praying and or Crying

Hopefully, I can remedy this situation and none of the parts are bad. I just hope for whatever reason it's not the CPU as I don't believe newegg accepts returns for them.

Comments / Suggestions?

No I did not bench test it. Is there a guide on that process floating around for my particular mobo?

It's not necessarily bad memory or bad mobo. What does your Mobo manual say about 1 long 3 short beeps? Don't go off the guide in these forums as it's different for each BIOS manufacturer. Look at the manual for the Mobo and see what those beeps mean. If it is bad memory, then bad ram is bad ram, send it back and get new ram.

I checked online for the ASUS beep guide, but just now I checked the manual that came with it and said no VGA detected. I tried reseating it but to no avail. What are some common problems associated with the graphics card that I may be missing? that I may be missing?

Well I remedied my problem. Turns out (embarrassingly) one of the two power connectors for the GPU wasn't in. It was new for me to see a GPU with two power connectors so I figured that I only needed one like my last card. Interesting learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom