Computer Upgrade Time- Need Some Help

Sw33tn3s5

Beta member
Okay, so I recently have decided that, since I'm about to get a job and will be able to afford more expensive parts, that it's time to upgrade the RAM and video card. Also, I already have plans for a new sound card and speakers to go with, any other ideas to maximize performance would be appreciated. As well, the cooling needs to be dealt with, so I'll need some help about fans, etc. I do not know exactly what information I need to post since I am a newbie here, but here's what I know personally:

It is a:

Intel Pentium D (CPU)
-Not sure what motherboard.. Know it's ASUS-made
-3.4 Ghz
-2 GB RAM
-NVIDIA GeForce 6200
-(no sound card)
-(Idk if this matters, but: Internet Adapter (My internet plugin on the computer itself was not working so I had to buy one)
-Motherboard chipset Intel Springdale-G i865G

If anything else is necessary, please let me know. I currently want to upgrade my RAM, even though I know I could probably survive on 2 GB, and I definitely want a new graphics card. I'd LIKE to get the best, but if not, I'd like to get the best bang for the buck.

Please help me out on this, I'm not up-to-date on the best out there, and yes, I know I could upgrade to DDR3 if I wanted to, but I just cannot afford that much at this point.

Back
Top Bottom