computer restarting itself

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok my little brother computer is restarting itself everytime he plays css. hes only got 400mb free on the hard drive and he has 1gb ram. now this could be the problem and if it is i owe him a new heatsink. he has a 3.0ghz P4 skt 478 and i installed it but i could only get one clip down, so i figured push a little harder on the one that wouldnt go down and wa-la fixed, well the clip u push down on broke so only one is all the way down, could the cpu be overheating and turning off the computer? any way to see the cpu temp without turning off computer and going into bios? also is there a way to monitor the temp while hes in a game so i can see how high the tempurature gets

Id say 100% its overheating. and the reason it does it when he starts playing a game is because thats when its using the processor alot more and it will heat up very quickly if the heat sink and fan are not properly installed. i would stop turning the computer on and get a new heat sink and clip it on properly before you damage or break the processor.

well thats what i was thinking, so ill have to price up a new heatsink for him...omfg money money money thats all i've been spending lately

>EDIT<

well i went to the local store's website and they're all out of the skt 478 heatsinks...so looks like unless i wanna pay $50.00 for a heatsink for him he's going to have to wait

there is alot of programs that tell u the temp of the cpu. Try to find out if the mobo manufacturer has some monitoring programs, I'd say it would be the most accurate one.

And atleast Everest has a temp monitor, though it only displays the current temp and I don't think it's that accurate.

What is it that overheats, exactly? Video cards, mobos and CPUs? Nothing else, right?

Will any overheat without overclocking 'em?

well any part can overheat, cpu & vid cards being the most common ones to do so.

And yes they can overheat without overclocking.

ok well they dont have a half descent priced heatsink so ima wait til they get some in..cheap manufacturing parts coming from intel have to break ppffff

Back
Top Bottom