Computer Randomly shut down

niiko101

In Runtime
hey guys,

last night my computer randomly turned off and restarted by it self.

i was playing saints row 3 co-op, just switched off and started it self up.

any ideas ?

Well, barring a power or heat issue, can be one of the initial warning signs of a failing piece of hardware (usually RAM being the first one I'd look at) but possibly something else. Is your water cooling system pulling juice from the power supply or does it have a separate power source?

My first guess is a failing power supply. My suggestion is to wait and see if it happens again and to pay attention to what you were doing when it happens.

ok so it happend again, the only thing of the watercooling that needs power is the pump, and that just using a 4pin molex. i thgought it was due to heat when it happend the first time, i removed the watercooling kit for a lan party before any of this happend and put my h70 back on, now the h70 making a weird noise from the cpu block area. it happend last night again while playing battlefeild 3 and talking to my mate on skype at the same time. i monitor my gpu's to see the temp though the screen on my g19 and they do not go over 70degree on GPU1, this problem is annoying me, i think i might have something to do with heat, but not sure where from, i thought it might be the cpu, but i ram prime95 and it was stable, i reflashed the bios to clear overclocks until i found out what this problem is

this couldnt be a software issue could it ?

the h70 is making the weird noise form the cpu block area, when i take out the 3pin fan header, the noise stops, also means the pump is off, so im going to RMA.

Sounds like it happens under heavy load. Probably due to heat then. Hope an RMA fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom