Computer Randomly Freezes Completely

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone,

My brand new PC with AMD 3000+ Athlon 64, 1.5GB RAM, and socket 939 biostar mobo, and 200GB SATA hard drive will randomly stop working after about 1-2 hours. Like itll be on screen saver and screensaver will just stop completely (basically if I leave it alone for long enough). The red light notifying me that the hard drive is on is completely off. And control alt delete does nothing, the only thing I can do is restart.

When I restart, all temperatures are good and low so its not overheating. My RAM has been previously used... Could that create these symptoms?

Thanks!

try using each stick of ram on its own, and see if it freezes.
i take it that you have run virus scans on your machine as well.
woz

07mackenzie said:
Hey everyone,

My brand new PC with AMD 3000+ Athlon 64, 1.5GB RAM, and socket 939 biostar mobo, and 200GB SATA hard drive will randomly stop working after about 1-2 hours. Like itll be on screen saver and screensaver will just stop completely (basically if I leave it alone for long enough). The red light notifying me that the hard drive is on is completely off. And control alt delete does nothing, the only thing I can do is restart.

When I restart, all temperatures are good and low so its not overheating. My RAM has been previously used... Could that create these symptoms?

Thanks!
It could be turning itself off? Right click on the desktop and go to properties>screen saver then click power and change turn off hard disks to never.

Make sure nothing at all is overheating, make sure all fans are the correct way round, this was happening to me and I found out I had put the fan over my heatsink the wrong way round :D

Back
Top Bottom