Computer Problem

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
I'm having a really annoying problem.

When my computer starts up (for specs see sig) it sometimes loads all the startup items, and sometimes it doesn't.

But what always happens is the computer just doesn't let me open any programs for at least a minute, then all the programs just appear at once, along with the windows startup tune.

What do you think is the matter? a startup program? ALl I really want to load is zonealarm, soundman, norton and a nvidia program.

Should I stop all the other crap form starting up?

Thanks.

That happens with my computer. I think it's becuase all of the processor's power is being used to start windows, so it can't open programmes at the same time.

Haha, ZoneAlarm, oh how I hate that program.

I don't know why the computer does that, though... Those specifications are close to my computer and it doesn't take long at all to start up.

Well most computers differ from one to the other when loading up the start menu programs...the more programs that are in the start menu will take a little longer to boot up.

your best bet would be to...click start/ run/ type msconfig & hit enter/ this will bring up the start menu...now click on the startup tab, and only put a check mark on the programs you want to boot up...

<note: un-checking some programs will cause it to re-check it self if windows rely on the un-checked program> it will put it back to the way it was for you, you just confirm by clicking apply.

i would start with that for now, and see if that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom