Computer Packagess

icu222much

Solid State Member
I'm not sure if I posted in the correct place but if I didn't, pls move me.

I'm not very good with computers but I feel like I need another one. I looked around at a few stores and I found 2 computers that I really like and I'm not sure which one I should go for. I currently am using my computer for games such as World of Warcraft and Halo. Next year when I'll be starting up school again I'll be heavily involved in 3-D animation and video editing. I was wondering which one of these two following computers would best soak-up my computer beating and still be usable for the next three to four years :)

+AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core
+1GB DDR RAM
+360GB 7200RPM
+nVidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache 256MB
+1 x 5.25"
+2 x PCI
+2 x 512KB L2
+2 x USB 2.0, 2 x IEEE1394
+Network Card 10/100 Ethernet
+Sound Card Integrated
+System Bus 2000MHz
+$1099 Canadian

+AMD ATHLON 64X2 (939) 3800+ 2.0GHZ 2000MHZ, 2X 512K CACHE 64 BIT (MANCHESTER)
+OCZ TECHNOLOGY PREMIER EDITION DUAL CHANNEL KIT 1GB DDR PC3200 (OCZ4001024PDC-K)
+Motherboard ASUS A8N5X (PCI-E, SOUND, GBLAN, DUAL DDR, SATA RAID, USB 2.0)
+MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX 10 300GB 7200RPM SATA II 16MB 9MS (6V300F0)
+EVGA GEFORCE 7600GT CO PCI-E 256MB DDR3 DUAL DVI TV-OUT (VDC-EV-P2N553)
+PANASONIC 1.44MB FLOPPY DRIVE 3.5" -BLACK
+Sound INTEGRATED SOUND ON MOTHERBOARD
+LG 16X DVD/RW DUAL LAYER -BLACK (H10A)
+INTEGRATED LAN ON MOTHERBOARD
+IN-WIN C583T 17" ATX TOWER CASE W/ 350W -BLACK/GREY
+32 IN 1 CARD READER/WRITER W/ USB 2.0 & FIREWIRE EXTENSION PORTS -BLACK
+$999 Canadian

Not to be rude, but this is in the wrong location. Should be in the general computer help place. This is just for help, and suggestions for the forum.

Upgrade the GPU, and you'll be great.

Nik00117 said:
Not to be rude, but this is in the wrong location. Should be in the general computer help place. This is just for help, and suggestions for the forum.

Upgrade the GPU, and you'll be great.
Moved to where you suggested.

The second computer is better and cheaper. That's the one I would go with. Just if you are going to be doing really intense 3D work you might want to consider upgrading to 2gb's of memory.

You really should wait though. Intel is coming out with their new processors towards the end of July. These are a lot better then anything AMD has out right now and also because of the new processors coming out prices on AMD will also drop. So your best bet is just to wait a few more weeks.

The Amish Kid said:
The second computer is better and cheaper. That's the one I would go with. Just if you are going to be doing really intense 3D work you might want to consider upgrading to 2gb's of memory.

You really should wait though. Intel is coming out with their new processors towards the end of July. These are a lot better then anything AMD has out right now and also because of the new processors coming out prices on AMD will also drop. So your best bet is just to wait a few more weeks.

couldn't agree more.
The new intel is coming out like in 2 weeks, and thats also when the price drops will be. So just wait a few weeks and then look at the pc's again. The ones u have chosen should be cheaper then and u might also find a nice computer with the new intel cpu.

And are u sure that u want to buy a prebuilt instead of building one urself? It's not hard to build one, u get to choose every part and it's gonna be cheaper.

I agree, but it seems that the most common bit of advice given out is wait two weeks. The new Intel chip will be released, and you'll see prices drop because of this.

What mammikoura says about building your own PC is true, but you don't get the overall warranty, it's easy to break parts and it's a worry.

I'd take the second PC any day, and add an extra 1GB of RAM if you'll be using it for gaming and animations - RAM is extremely easy to fit, and cheap too.

And if you find your PC is not good enough at gaming in the future, you'll just have to replace that - the rest of the PC is great.

Back
Top Bottom